This super simple recipe has become my favourite variation to the sometimes time consuming Italian version. I make this at least once a month and freeze half for my work day lunches/dinners.
1 lb. lean ground beef or turkey (I use vegan crumbles)
1 pkg. taco seasoning (or make your own as I do)
1 can kidney beans, rinsed
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 jar salsa
4 to 5 large tortilla wraps
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a 9 X 13 pan with light olive oil to prevent sticking.
- In a fry pan, cook ground meat until brown. Add taco seasoning and 1/4 cup of water; let simmer for about 10 minutes or until water is fully absorbed into the meat.
- While meat is simmering, in a large bowl mix together beans and salsa. Then add the meat when it is done. Mix together well.
- In the oiled pan, spoon in half the bean/meat mixture – covering the entire bottom of the pan.
- Cut 3 tortilla wraps in half and put on top of the first layer of the bean/meat mixture – similar to laying lasagna noodles. Cover with shredded cheese.
- Repeat the above steps with the remaining bean/meat mixture and tortillas. Top with shredded cheese.
- Cook for 20 to 22 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. Allow lasagna to set for 10 minutes before cutting. If desired, serve with a dollop of sour cream.